Luxembourg seeking curator of Old Masters for renewed Villa Vauban
Saturday, 6 September 2008
To valorize the ancient art collections
of the City of Luxembourg
The City of Luxembourg is looking to employ, for the needs of its museum service, in particular that of Villa Vauban, the new Museum of Art of the City of Luxembourg (scheduled to open in 2010) a full-time private sector employee with a permanent employment contract for the position of
Curator of ancient art collections (m/f)
• To ensure the proper conservation of the collections, to carry out their scientific study and to make them known through publications and temporary exhibitions;
• to coordinate and organise the daily tasks associated with the position in question.
• holder of a university degree obtained following a minimum four-year cycle, specialising in History of European Art, preferably of Modern Times (17th and 18th centuries) and the 19th century, recognised as equivalent by the Minister of Higher Education;
• adequate proven knowledge of the three administrative languages (French, German and Luxembourgish) as laid down in the Law of 24 February 1984 on the use of languages, as well as of English;
• sound knowledge of information technology tools used in museums (e.g. Museum Plus);
• relevant professional experience of at least three years in a position with a similar degree of responsibility and proof of a certain experience in the organisation of exhibitions;
• strong team spirit;
• proof of creativity, a dynamic approach and motivation.
Specific conditions and required documents to accompany the application:
The application must be accompanied by the documents listed in the aide-mémoire detailing the eligibility and remuneration conditions, available from the Human Resources Office of the City of Luxembourg, located at 9, Boulevard F.D. Roosevelt, on the 2nd floor, in L-2450 Luxembourg, Tel: 4796-4247, as well as online at http://drh.vdl.lu, where it can be downloaded as a PDF file.
Your application, including all the required documents, is to be addressed to the Collège des bourgmestre et échevins de la Ville de Luxembourg, L-2090 Luxembourg, at the latest by Friday, 10th October 2008.
Luxembourg, 6th September 2008